Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Iced Earth: Dio 'Was The Most Genuine Person I've Ever Met In The Music Industry'


ICED EARTH mainman/guitarist Jon Schaffer has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I just wanted to write a note about Ronnie James Dio and how much I will miss him.

"Ronnie was the most genuine person I've ever met in the music industry.

"I think we've all had run-ins with our childhood heroes, and sometimes it can be a disappointing experience. This was definitely not the case with Ronnie. He was a wise, kind, and special person, and a dear friend that will be greatly missed.

"Rest in peace, brother. Your spirit and music will continue to inspire generations to come."