Thursday, April 15, 2010

Biohazard Frontman: Peter Steele Was 'My Single Biggest Musical Influence'


BIOHAZARD bassist/vocalist Evan Seinfeld has released the following statement via Twitter:

"[Rest in peace], my friend, brother, and mentor, Peter Steele, TYPE O NEGATIVE, CARNIVORE... my single biggest musical influence... who named BIOHAZARD.

"I fucking miss you so much already... I love you, brother. I hope you are in a better place."

As previously reported, TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that Peter Steele passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE.