Monday, May 10, 2010

Slash 'not interested' in biopic


Former Guns N' Roses rocker Slash refuses to adapt his autobiography for the big screen, insisting a movie about his turbulent life doesn't "interest" him.

The guitar legend released the self-titled tell-all in 2007, revealing details about his struggle to stay sober, and his infamous fallout with Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose, which led to him leaving the band in the mid-1990s.

Slash has dismissed the prospect of a reunion with Rose, who continues to tour with a new line-up, and the rocker insists he doesn't want to resurrect their tumultuous history for a film.

He tells CourierMail.com.au: "The main focus on the book was to get out some of the reality about Guns N' Roses and the reunion.

"People asked me if I wanted to license it for a movie. It doesn't really interest me. It's just a book I wrote to get some s**t off my chest. I couldn't imagine someone playing me in a movie."